Followers

Thursday 30 March 2017

Thank You - Resist Technique

Hi Crafters,

Today's card was inspired by Stampin' Up! CEO Sara Douglass.  Sara showed a cool resist technique on her Facebook page last week and I couldn't wait to try it out.  I even made my own Designer Series Paper.  I hadn't used the Garden in Bloom set before but I was absolutely hooked after my first image was stamped perfectly.  I chose to showcase the outgoing In Colors for 2015-17 as I 'm so sad to see them go.  Although, I 'm sure the new In Colors for 2017-19 will be awesome.  Here is the Garden in Bloom set in more detail and you can really see how the two-step layers could be used:


My card started with a piece of Whisper White card and I stamped the images from Garden in Bloom, some in first generation and some in second generation to give real depth.  Once I was happy with the stamped images, I inked the Brushstrokes stamp in Versamark and added clear embossing powder to create a resist.  I used a sponge dauber to add the Mint Macaron inked detail.


I love how this turned out and will definitely be trying this technique again.  I hope you enjoyed this card.  If there is a technique that you want me to showcase next, be sure to leave a comment.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment