Followers

Tuesday 4 July 2017

A Simple Floral Hello

Hi Crafters,

I have a very simple card for you today using the gorgeous Floral Statements stamp set from Stampin' Up!  I knew this set would be high on my wish list when I first saw the new Annual Catalogue.  You can create a elegant card in minutes or really spend time watercolouring and using more advanced crafting techniques for a real wow factor.



I started with a Whisper White card blank which was actually a cut off from another card.  Taking a piece of Crumb Cake card, I heat embossed my main image in white.  If you are new to heat embossing, it is a really cool technique and uses a sticky ink called Versamark.  This allows the powder to stick to the image and then you heat the powder until it melts, creating a raised shiny finish.  

I added colour to the petals of the flowers using a Melon Mambo watercolour pencil and then pushed the colour out using a Blender Pen.  My finishing touch was to add a few copper sequins in a random placement.  

Be sure to check back tomorrow for a card featuring a watercolour technique using the Floral Statements stamp set.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment